Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

Have severe asthma and experiencing breathing issues. Suggest the tests to be taken

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2005
Answered : 2585 Questions
My Father has Severe Asthma I experience breathing issues sometimes, what can I do to understand if I have Asthma problem?
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in Lung and Chest disorders
Answered by Dr. Prasad 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Get your lung function test checked... Detailed Answer: Hi, Asthma presents with sudden onset breathing difficulty and wheezing. Symptoms are more pronounced during cold temperature; hence most patients experience symptoms late in the evening and during cold / raining weather. However many other symptoms can mimic asthma and only means to differentiate is through a lung function test. This test is performed at a chest physician office. It is an out patient procedure. Doctor will record your lungs ability to breathe during breathless times and after giving you a specific drug. You can contact a chest physician (pulmonologist) to learn about the test. I do not think we have any other means to determine if you have asthma. Hope it is clear. You are free to ask for clarifications. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have severe asthma and experiencing breathing issues. Suggest the tests to be taken 15 minutes later
Thank you for the reply, Do you have any suggestions as to where I can get this check up done? Any hospital where I can get a pulmonologist? Any suggestions?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Multispecialty Hospital... Detailed Answer: Hi, Pulmonologist will be easily available at most multidisciplinary hospitals. If you are free one of the major cities, I am sure you wouldn't have any problems finding a multidisciplinary hospital nearby like XXXXXXX Apollo, Fortis. You can look for the closest multidisciplinary hospital and you will find a pulmonologist there. Hope this helps. Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Pulmonologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor