Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

Have pinched nerve in neck. Accidentally taken Focalin instead of Roping Role for restless legs. What to do?

Dec 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2012
Answered : 1704 Questions
I take roping role 1 mg for restless legs. I break it in half because of nausea sometimes. Well yesterday I finally made an appt for a pinched nerve in my neck that has driven me crazy so I rested most of the day. I took my half pill about 7 pm and it did not help because I did not do anything. Finally I went out for long walk,still restless legs so I. Decided at 4 am to take another. I just grabbed what looked like the bottle in the dark,same colo and size. Still rest
Less and in pain. Owens to dr and since he was going to give me something for the pain he wanted a urine test. Imagine the surprise that I had amphetamines in urine. Came home and got the old bottle out of trash and bottle said focalin2,5 mg dated 1/27/04 . My daughters old old
Prescription. No wonder my bp was elevated and I could not sleep. Same size and color and I usually just take on a troop what I need not the whole bottle. He refused to give me anything except a steroid. Stii in agony but more worried he thinks I abuse drugs?i do not take anything I don't really need and now I feel this will influence my care. First time I saw him in XXXXXXX I was ok and usually am but I started aqua Zumba and must have irritated my arthritic neck. Will go away if baby it,lived with it forever with little need for mess except Advil. I did test positive for.pot and I did tell them a friend offered me some for the pain over the weekend. It helped more than pills but it is illegal. I am terrified I won't get any relief and I want to saw my arm off.what should I do?
Posted Tue, 13 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Nsah Bernard 3 hours later

Thanks for posting on XXXXXXX

Well your situation may seem a little complicated with our doctor given that he might not trust you normally (given the tests results) but you will have no choice but to try to explain the situation to him as he is your doctor and his duty is to take care of your health.
As for the pain due the arthritis, it will be best to start by not trusting illicit drugs. First when you start off with them, they will make you feel relief and then you will continue and finally end up a real user. My suggestion is keep off pot, amphetamines and any other illicit drugs that work on your brain to give you the impression that the pain had been dealt with where as they simply put you in another state of forgetting that you actually have arthritis.
There are tones of pain killers out there that can really help you get rid of your pain, you will just need to trust your doctor in handling it and if you feel that it is not work with him, you do have the right to change doctor. The doctor of choice for your situation is a rheumatologist/bone and muscle specialist.

Hope this helps and wish you the best.
Dr. Nsah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor