Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have painful white bump on bottom eyelid, fluid coming from it. Could this be any form of STD?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
I have a painful white bump on my bottom eyelid that has fluid coming from it and there seems to be a white bump on the top of my gum over my front tooth, could this be any form of std
Posted Wed, 1 Aug 2012 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 3 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
To answer your question, No, it doesnt sound like a sexually transmitted disease. The bump on your eye could be a stye ( which results from an infected and blocked gland duct) or a meibomian cyst.
This can be treated with warm compresses ( make sure its not too hot before you apply it on your eye); anti-inflammatory drugs like Tablet Motrin 1 tablet taken as and when required with food ( upto 1 tablet daily) and antibiotic drops and ointment like ciprofloxacin eye ointment and tobramycin eye drops. Please see your physician about this.
As far as the swelling in the gums is concerned, it can be due to an infection, vitamin B complex deficiency or gingivitis. I would suggest you take a B complex supplement like Tablet Centrum 1 tablet daily for 1 week and see if it helps. Also, take plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Hope that helps
Let me know if I can address any more concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have painful white bump on bottom eyelid, fluid coming from it. Could this be any form of STD? 39 minutes later
I was scared it could be herps,after reading info on it,So you dont think its some form of std
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 7 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
Herpes does not cause the symptoms that you have described. Typically, it causes sores on the top of the upper lip. So you can be rest assured that its not herpes.
It is not some form of STD. However, I would like to tell you that a lot of STD's do not have any symptoms in the initial stages. So if you think that you are at risk, please see a physician to get yourself tested. There is really no other way of knowing this.
Also, please have protected sexual intercourse to protect yourself and your partner,
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Sexual Diseases

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor