Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

Have painful cysts on labia which looks swollen. how to cure it?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
I have what look like a cysts on the left side of my labia. It hurts and it looks swollen. How can cure it and make it better or help it drain faster?
Posted Tue, 3 Dec 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 34 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam , Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you You will have to see a gynaecologist for this because a physical examination is very important to determine the location of cyst whether its on labia or vagina , its size , whether tender or not because treatment will be based on these findings only . If its on labia possibilty of bartholin cyst exists often no treatment is required but if it is causing symptoms Catheterization can be done .Cysts may also be opened permanently, a method called marsupialization . But that will be decided will be your doctor . Sitz bath will also help you in this . Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor