Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

Have oxcalate calcium stones in kidney. Suggest medicines for removal?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2003
Answered : 495 Questions
Hello doc

I am 17 year old and I have oxcalate calcium stones in my kidney how can I remove them forever because everybody says that this kind of stones can't never be removed what can I do I feel myslef in stress by all the time because I think my kidney is going to hurt I am 17 year old I don't know what to do

Please give me a medicine to remove this stones
Posted Thu, 18 Jul 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe 1 hour later
Thanks for the query.

Calcium oxalate stones are quite common.

The decision of whether the stone needs to be surgically removed depends on the size, location and the number of stones which can be easily determined by an ultrasound.
Unfortunately there is no medicine to bring out the stones.
However drink plenty of fluids as this often helps in flushing out the stones and preventing new ones from forming.
Also specific blood and urine tests can be performed to determine if you have any treatable condition which is predisposing to stone formation.
You need to see a nephrologist and a urologist and they will deal with the problem as well as suggest measures as above to prevent recurrence.

Hope this helps.
Good luck.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor