Have hair in beard and chin but not in moustache. What shall be done to have hair in moustache?

Dr. P V S Prasad

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 31 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: the problem is about beard I have hair in chin and mustache but no beard Iam 20 yrs, and I have done some tests for it, so what shall I do now??
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 57 minutes later
Hai
Thanks for posting your query to XXXXXXX
Hair on the face is sex hormone dependent. If you have moustach haor, axillary and pubic hair that means your hormone status is XXXXXXX at the central level. However there maybe some problem at the locally at the hair follicle level. We usually do thyroid profile, dheas level and testosterone levels.
If all are normal u may have to try
1. 5 to 10% minoxidil locally twice a day for six months.
2. If u are still not satisfied you may go for grafting.
Good day
Prasad pvs
.