Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Have had hand trembling for seconds. Had loss of cervical lardosis due to muscle spasm. Advise?

Nov 2013
User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 1994
Answered : 5574 Questions
Last weekend while taking my mother for hospitalization, I felt my left hand trembling for few seconds. I was definitely tensed, but not sure if it could have caused it. Also I had loss of cervical lardosis due to muscle spasm 1 year back. Should I be worried about it? Do I need to consult a doctor or is it normal ?

Posted Sat, 29 Jun 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 59 minutes later
Thank you for posting your query.

Based on your description, the transient trembling of your left hand is most likely related to anxiety/tension, and there is no need to worry about it.

Also, there is no relation between the loss of cervical lordosis due to muscle spasm and the tremors.

At present, there is no need to see a doctor. However, if the symptoms recur, you may consult a neurologist.

I hope it helps.
Please get back if you require any additional information.

Best wishes,

Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist
Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad,
My personal URL on this website:
My email: YYYY@YYYY
My blog:

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have had hand trembling for seconds. Had loss of cervical lardosis due to muscle spasm. Advise? 21 minutes later

Thank-you for your reply.
I at times have felt an involuntary movement-like sensation in my leg's palm. I am not sure, if its the artery or a nerve. I have high cholesterol and triglycerides levels.

Is it normal? Since my wife too has the same tremor like sensations? (She too has high cholesterol and triglycerides)

Thanks and Regards
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 34 minutes later
Thank you for getting back with more details.

Occasional twitching movements are normal, especially if they occur in a single part of body. However, if they are more frequent or if they involve multiple parts of body, they should be evaluated.

High cholesterol and triglycerides should be treated with medications such as rosuvastatin and fenofibrate. In addition, low fat diet and exercises are also useful.

Best wishes,
Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor