Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have elevated blood pressure. How to lower this?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2000
Answered : 634 Questions
i have registd 180 over 199 blood presure
Posted Thu, 9 May 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Payman Hajiazim 38 minutes later
Hi there, your blood pressure should be lowered definitely. If you have headache, dizziness or other symptoms which have happened acutely, they show that your blood pressure has been raised acutely. Then, your blood pressure should be decreased about 10 to 15 percent of the pressure now you are in. If it is lowered more acutely, it is possibly damage your organs.
If you do not have any headache or symptom which shows it has been raised acutely, it shows that it has been in this way for a long time. Then you should ask your doctor to give you a medication to stabilize your blood pressure at 130/p or at most 140/p (It depends if you are diabetic or not).
I wish you a good health.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor