Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Have dents on face. Suggest medicine or natural remedies to remove this?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 2015 Questions
i have dents on face cheeks which came due to squeezing pimples on childhood.
i am trying improve my skin with lemon juice on face, and also Multani mitti to cover pores.
please suggest a cream/tablets/natural remedies for the same.
i dont want to go to laser treatement at this time.
Posted Thu, 25 Apr 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
Thanks for writing to us.
Acne scar treatment depends upon the grading and depth of scar.
Superficial scars can be treated by application of creams (like tretinoin, Glycolic acid), chemical peels and microdermabrasion
Deep scars require dermaroller sessions, lasers etc.

Pores are basically dilated openings of oil glands and these respond well to peels or lasers.
Application of lemon juice or multani mitti would not help much.

I would advise that you upload an image of the concerned area, so that I can assist you in a better way.
Hoping to hear from you soon.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have dents on face. Suggest medicine or natural remedies to remove this? 5 hours later
hi doctor,

thanks for the reply.

i hae uploaded pictures under Upload new reports category.
pls check them and suggest me any creams/ointment/tablet if to remove completely at least cover to some extent.

also let me know some precautions to be taken to avoid increase further
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 hours later
I have gone through the images attached. The scars are too deep to respond to creams alone. At least you need dermaroller sessions to reduce scars. These are quie cheap in comparison to lasers. The sessions are to be taken at monthly interval and usually four to six sessions are required. These would reduce pores too.
I would advise that you consult a dermatologist nearby to avail these sessions.
In the meanwhile you may follow these
Use a Glycolic acid based face wash like melawash
Uses good sunscreen in morning hours
Apply retino a cream at night over face in small quantities
Take vitamin c supplement orally.

These would not help with scars much but would improve the appearance and texture of skin to some extent

Hope that helps. Should there be more query, feel free to write back.
Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have dents on face. Suggest medicine or natural remedies to remove this? 1 hour later
Thanks or the suggestion doctor.

few general queries:

applying honey and tomato juice to pores will it help?
kindly suggest any soap that might decrease appearance of pores.

if ur creams are sufficient then i can go with them.

thank u once again or ur patience in answering my questions..
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 20 hours later
Thanks for writing back.

Application of honey and tomato would not help much with open pores.
Use of a Glycolic acid based face wash like melawash would reduce oil from face and will help temporarily in pore reduction. Retino a cream too would improve your skin to a certain extent.
Having said this I would still assert that dermaroller would be a good treatment option for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor