Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Have cysts on scrotum, not painful but looks weird. What should I do?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9627 Questions
If have 5-6 cysts on scrotum, all are very small but one is of medium size, , they are not painful, but looks weird. What should I do, Please suggest.
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 32 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have multiple sebaceous cysts over scrotum.

Scrotal skin is XXXXXXX in sebaceous glands compared to rest of the body skin hence more prone for getting these cysts. These cyst develop due to accumulation of sebum beneath the skin.secondary to the blockage of the glands.

Normally no treatment is required as these cysts fade away themselves over a period of time.However they need to be treated if increase in size or get infected.

You have one of the cyst of a medium size .Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical evaluation ,he may take the decision regarding treatment with antibiotics.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Have cysts on scrotum, not painful but looks weird. What should I do? 6 hours later

Can you suggest any Urologist in Indirangar area.

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 2 hours later
Thanks for follow up.
Dr NayananThomos is a Qualified well known Urologist in Indiranagar.
He practices in C.M.H hospital Indiranagar.
If you want to consult me do visit in Medihope Hospital Vidyan Nagar close to Indiranagar.
You can fix up the appointment by calling on 0000.
Thanks and Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor