Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
199 Doctors are Online

Have active acne. Is it possible to get rhinoplasty for my type of skin?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1968
Answered : 298 Questions
hi, my age is 22, male and i want a nose job to be done.
I had active acne skin(nodulecyst degree 4) in my teenage. I do have some regular acne on my face. Is it possible to get a rhinoplasty for my type of skin and could you please tell me about the best treatment for my ice prick scars.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Acne
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 35 minutes later
Hi there,

Thank you for posting your question here.

The Cosmetic Surgeon in question will have a protocol in place with respect to rhinoplasty and coexisting acne vulgaris. My feeling is that they will be able to proceed but only under broad-spectrum antibiotic cover. This may be started a few week before surgery.

The best treatment for your icepick scars? Again your Cosmetic Surgeon will advise. My preference would be Yag Laser treatment followed by punch biopsy of centre of scar and suturing the resulting deficit. This usually gives excellent results.

They should be able to do all these procedures at the one sitting. Good health!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Lab Tests

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor