Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

Has mood swings, irritated and frustated. Suffer from bipolar?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
Yes, thank you, my husband will not admit he is bipolar, He cannot stand noise I can't play my piano, he watches
TV with out sound and it drives us all crazy! He mood swings, he has road rage, He turns off the heat in the winter
when it is really cold. He now goes and helps an old women with everything, because he hates living in town,
He gave me COPD-emphysema because he was a chain smoker, he has quit now! But leaving me on oxygen,
and I have never smoked! He won't stay home because he doesn't like to be around sick people. He is hyper-active
he can't calm down and rest. He goes to bed at six in the evening and sleeps tell six in the morning from hyper
activity. when we have company he takes over the conversation and talks and talks, lets no one else get a
word in. I am sorry this is so long, because I am so frustrated with him. THANK YOU

From my letter to you is my husband Bipolar?

Posted Thu, 1 Aug 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
It is not too long but is quite strange but surely not Bipolar.
I can understand your suffering.
He seems to be suffering from moderate depression with an overlay of thought disorder.
There are good drugs available for managing such a problem with good results. Your psychiatrist will know the dose and regimen.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor