Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Has inflamed liver. Suffer pain. WBC, RBC and platelets count low. Is the liver strong? What to do?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 118 Questions
I have a 34 year old daughter who is at Bayonne Medical Center in Bayonne NJ 0000. She has an inflamed liver and extreme pain, also friday had a liverbiopsy, XXXXXXX my only living relative is fading away in a hospital bed in BMC, not one of here ten doctors agree, surgeons, infectious disease, a hematologist, a gastro enterologist and gastro surgeon. In fact the only Dr. who could give me my baby back is a liver specialist or nephrologist, I think thats the name but 9 days of agony, Fevers hitting 102.6-104 fareheit when the fevers spike almost like clockwork, every early morning and every night and she is fine during the day I'm 78yrs old, I just want my daughter to have a chance in life, I am lost and no one knows anything, I will not bury my daughter before me. All they agree on is it could be a rare virus, my email is YYYY@YYYY any info would be a god send, also not hep A,B, or C and not HIV. Also her white blood cell count or messurement is 200 or so low she can't fight off anything and visiting will be suspended, Red Blood cells and platlets low as low as the can get. She is only 34, I have to do whatever it takes. I am 78yrs my liver is as old as me but seems to be beter than hers, I this will save her I will give her mine, I refuse to bury another child, 23 years ago I lost my son and 3 years before my wife. Is my liver strong enough if it is a healthy liver for a 78 year old to give her what she needs.
Posted Sun, 13 Oct 2013 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Avinash Ignatius 24 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hepatologist / gastroenterologist

Detailed Answer:

As per your mail your daughter does not have a kidney problem, she does not need a nephrologist. A Hepatologist or gastroenterologist is the right specialist.

Wishing the best for your daughter.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Nephrologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor