Had unprotected sex. Feeling severe cramps and bloating. HPT negative. Am I pregnant?

Dr. Sree Gouri SR

OBGYN

Posted on Sat, 22 Dec 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Question: I had unprotected sex on my ovulation date, I am assuming. About a week later I had cramps, extreme bloating, increased hunger and thirst. I was supposed to start period 2 days ago but since only have had light spotting when I wipe, sometimes a faint red or a brownish color. I have taken two pregnancy tests which have been negative. Is it possible I am pregnant even with negative test results?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 minutes later

As you had unprotected intercourse around the time of ovulation, there is possibility for pregnancy.
In that case what you had could be implantation bleeding.
Sometimes urine pregnancy test kits may not detect early pregnancy, so you better go for blood test for pregnancy.
If the test comes positive, it is good. If it comes negative then the spotting you are having could be scanty flow during periods which is called hypomenorrhea.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.

Follow up: Dr. Sree Gouri SR 1 hour later
If it is pregnancy should I be concerned with the cramps and bloating?
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 9 hours later

During pregnancy some amount of cramping and bloating sensation are common.
If the cramping increases or associated bleeding or draining per vaginum etc occurs better to consult gynecologist immediately.
Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.