Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Had radiotherapy during which foreskin got burned. Part of foreskin stuck to penis after healing. No discomfort. Any suggestion

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2004
Answered : 1773 Questions
i had radiotherpy for anal cancer during which my foreskin got burned after it all healed i find a part of my foreskin has stuck to my penus head there is a mall white patch of skin , i have no discomfort
Posted Fri, 3 Aug 2012 in Penis Problems
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Extensive radiation has a potential to cause excessive scarring and fibrosis of the skin around the area that is treated, hence new treatment is very focused against the cancer area.

If you do not have any discomfort during erection or masturbation or intercourse then you should just leave it without any therapy.

If you have problem with the foreskin while erection or intercourse a small surgical incision by the surgeon can release and make the skin freely movable over the head of the penis. It is a 5 minute procedure done in the doctor's office. I think you should get that done.

Let me know if you require any further assistance. You can close the discussion and rate my answer.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor