Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

Had paralysis. Been on physiotherapy. Looking for better treatment?

User rating for this question
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
this is XXXXXXX
my father had a paralysis for right side body 4 Years back, he went thru a treatment, without any surgery .he has been on physiotherapy and neurologist and now he has started walking and talking well , but her right hand and right leg has not gained as much strength. i was looking for a treatment where he can start using her right hand normally, and can start walking perfectly. i just have one thing on my mind that i have to get him back to him normal life. his present age is 51, present he regularly check BP and sugar levels, all are normal. If any chances specialist doctors available near Chennai or Hyderabad locations in INDIA, pls help,

Posted Fri, 13 Sep 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
There is no such treatment.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into your issue I would like to tell you that after hemiplegia the recovery is very slow and often the power gained back is not comparable to normal .

Usually the power lacks in small muscles of hand which is called lack of dexteriy that is difficulty in performing skilled movements.

The problem in walking is the hemiplegic gait . I would advise you to stick with physiotherapy only as that is only treatment going to help you in regaining maximum power.

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Had paralysis. Been on physiotherapy. Looking for better treatment? 30 minutes later
thanks XXXXXXX
for quickly replayed to my query,
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thank you.

Detailed Answer:

Hope it helps you .

Take care.

Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Neurologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor