Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Had knee replacement done. Now experiencing severe pain. Effective remedy?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Pediatrician, Critical Care
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 208 Questions
I had a knee replacement on April 1 , 2003, and have had as much or more trouble with pain than I had before the surgery. What is your advice?My e-mail address is YYYY@YYYY . Thank you - XXXXXXX
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Tejas Shah 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query here at XXXXXXX

I am sorry to know your pain is worsened even after knee replacement surgery.

There could be many reasons for continuing pain after knee replacement.

I would like to know few things to help you better.

1. Did you have knee replacement on both sides?
2. Have you got any problems with your hips or spine?
3. What medications do you take?
4. Do you have any other medical problems?

I hope you have seen your Surgeon for continuing knee problems. This needs investigations in form of x-rays, may need CT/MRI scan of spine or knee to get better idea.

Please revert back with your answers. Waiting for your reply.

Dr Tejas Shah
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor