Had heart and kidney failure. Had mitral replaced with pigs valve. Have shortness of breath. What is survival rate?

Dr. Shruti Rijhwani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Sat, 14 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: I was recently told I was in stage 4 of congestive heart failure and stage 4kidney failure. I had my mitral replaced with a pigs valve, they tried to fix the tricuspid but didn't work, it's leaking buckets. They say I can't have more heart surgery I won't survive. Dr. XXXXXXX went in the heart and did a mase procedure. I was told the kidney failure isn't very bad yet. I had this surgery a year ago. Shortness of breath is worse. I drive and use a fancy walker with wheels and I can sit on it if I get tired. With your experience do you think I could live another year or 2 maybe?
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Madam, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your query I will like to tell you that if you have good compliance with your medications and your kidneys are still working you can easily survive for more than the period you have even mentioned . Exact survival cannot be predicted but more than two years can happen . Just avoid exertion , watch over your fluid intake and take your medicines on time . You will be fine . Take care. Dr. Shruti