Had bloodwork last week - ALT increased to 44 since
What could cause that? One of my medications?
May I know your medications...
At the outset, ALT value of 44 is not concerning. It becomes significant when levels are more than 2-3 times normal values. Therefore I would not be overly worried about this ALT value.
The slight increment in levels may or may not be due to medications. May I know the list of drugs you are on to verify.
Some of these drugs may effect liver enzyme.
Some of the medicines especially atorvastatin are known to effect liver, thereby raising liver enzymes. Besides atorvastatin, ezetimibe and very rarely metoprolol may influence ALT results.
Having said that, as I mentioned earlier, currently ALT values are insignificant and do not warrant concerns or changes to medications. If needed (though not indicated), you may continue to monitor ALT / AST results every 6 months.
Hope this helps. Let me know if you need clarifications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Random body aches. Is this the symptoms of flu?
- What is the difference between functional dyspepsia and appendicitis?
- Having spondylisthesis, DDD, facet artropathy, bulging discs. Taking...
- Addicted to tobacco. Tried nicotex chewing gum. Unable to open mouth and...
- Is amitriptyline safe medicine for polymyalgia? What are the affect of...
- Recommended amino acids and proteins after workout. How much protein...
- Diabetic. Have hepatic encephalopathy. Treated with lactulose. Should I...
- Looking best medicine for urinary tract infection
- Had shoulder injury. Hurts to lift arm and having burning sensation on...
- Bruise appeared on thigh after scratching. Hurts to touch. Why is this...