Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

156 Doctors Online
Doctor Image
MD
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Had ACDF C6-C7 done instead of C5-C6. Should I go for surgery again?

Answered by
Dr.
Dr. Vineet Saggar

Neurologist, Surgical

Practicing since :2002

Answered : 173 Questions

default
Posted on Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Brain Tumor
Question: i had an acdf c6-c7 done - i was suppose to have the c5-c6 done but during surgery the doctor had complications with a calcified ligament that they had to drill off - and as the 5-6 was moderate they decided not to remove the disc. I had a follow up MRI - 12months later (prev was before surgery) and they have indicated that "neural formina stenosis noted bilaterally left greater than riight. This has progressed compared to previous. compression of left c6 nerve root" does this mean i might have to go back and have surgery again or can I just push through it
doctor
Answered by Dr. Vineet Saggar 1 hour later
Dear XXXXXXX
Thanks for writing to us.
Since you have undergone surgery once and it is never easy to operate via anteriorcervical approach a second time, it is better to try conservative management and not operate again.
Also we don' operate based on a MRI. The decision to operate depends on your symptoms. Only if they are severe enough, should we be considering a second surgery.

Hope that helps
Regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Aparna Kohli
doctor
premium_optimized

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Lab Tests ,  

Recent questions on Magnetic resonance imaging

doctor1 MD

my daughter has recently been diagnosed with idiopathis scoliosis, she has 2 50 degree bends plus a twist in the middle, she seems to have got worse and is not suffering from sharp pains at the base of her skull up into her head, she is scheduled for surgery but we are waiting on mri scan to rule out underlying issues, she has asymmetric tummy, should i be concerned and speak to the surgeon with these pains

doctor1 MD

I recently had an MRI done for leg numbness and pain also very limited movement to lift my right leg, I have an appointment this coming wk with an ortho Dr. shows some bulging and minor tear in L3-4 plus alot of other things. Also what concerns me more is evaluated lesions at the right kidney, which when I was called with the MRI results this was not mentioned. My father had a kidney remove because of cancer , should I be concaened and should I insist on follow up care.

doctor1 MD

Hi, may I answer your health queries right now ? Please type your query here...i have a enlargerd kidney had mri then ct ivu and said ii might need a stent,they looked at results but not sure what is wrong so i have to have general op so they can have a closer look ,as i have had cervical cancer

doctor1 MD

my name is lakshmi i had gone through CT scan and MRI scan and they told i have brain tumour and the doctor has given me macbutin before food and forecos kit after food i should continue for 20 days and the tumour will vanish is that true are should go for the opreation.

doctor1 MD

I am trying to find out what the test is for Habba Syndrome. After reading about it I believe that it is what my husband suffers from.

doctor1 MD

can bonemarrow edema be treated,and how?

doctor1 MD

I think I saw poop come out of my vagina an hour ago ..is that possible, What should I don