Had 2 surgeries on carotid artery and 1 stent on left side. Now clogged again. Why ?
Stent thrombosis(clogged) can be because of improper or non compliance of anti platelet drugs given after procedure or improper dosing regimen. An underlying raised cholesterol level is important too. Other factors include severely damaged inner lining of the carotid because of smoking, uncontrolled blood pressure can be possible reason. So you should check and balance all factors that can be the reason of restenosis.
Second a history of lupus should be carefully evaluated as it can cause small vessel thrombosis.
Importantly it is good to follow up with the doctor if the anti thrombosis therapy is working for you with the dose given initially. Else the doctor can do modifications with the dose.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Surgery for occluded carotid artery
- Left carotid artery swishing
- Blockage in left carotid artery
- Carotid artery in neck surgery
- Swelling carotid artery left side of neck
- What is a lump on left side of neck by carotid artery
- Left common carotid artery
- Left carotid artery pain
- Left carotid artery occlusion
- Blocked left carotid artery