Owl Image

Got head injury. Getting dizzy, swollen head and bleeding from nose. CT scan normal. Concerned

Question
Hello, I slipped in my shop 10 ten days ago and fell straight back and hit my head on back of head the people that were there said i was out about 2 minutes i just remember waking up and talking to paramedics and telling them i sat down they rushed me to hospital because i had bled out my nose and the back of my head swelled about the size of tangerine. the er checked blood and did a ct scan and said everything came back ok but when i get down on shop floor i work on race cars on my side and look at something on my side trying to measure something i get extremely dizzy is this normal and will it go away soon you think
Tue, 8 Jan 2013 in Head Injuries

Answered by Dr. Sudhir 1 hour later

Sorry to hear about the fall.

Getting dizzy is not at all normal.CT scan rules out most of the major injuries of skull and brain.But subtle brain injuries can be missed on CT scan or may not be evident on scans done immediately after injuries.Again it cannot evaluate nerves and blood vessels that good.So I would recommend you to get a MRI of brain including orbits done.This will help to find out cause for current symptoms , then accordingly you can consult your doctor.

Please ask if there are doubts or follow up questions.

Regards.