Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online

Getting pain under rib and have gastric problem. CT scan normal. What treatment should be done?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2010
Answered : 661 Questions
I've been having pain under my left rib/side mostly, it moves around to center and right at times. I went to Doc on Weds. and had a CT scan which came back normal. I'm waiting for the results of my blood tests which now I'm being told won't be back until next week. My BM's are normal, daily, except more loose, not diarrhea. Some nights after eating my stomach makes an aweful lot of noise but I still have my usual appetite. I do burp a lot after eating or drinking (been drinking mostly water all week). When doc pressed on my stomach it was sore. I'm 46, normals men. cycles for the most part. Being treating by a Phys. Asst right now.
Posted Mon, 29 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 31 minutes later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

The description you have provided seems more due to gastric problem rather anything else. Burping is a sign of reflux often caused after eating. the problem occurs due to use junk or fatty foods. As you are in forties there are also chances of cholecystitis which also have similar features however the more possibility is of the gastric acid peptic disease

The treatment option includes diet modification like avoiding use of fatty and junk foods and increased used of fiber diets along with fresh fruit juices but avoid orange juice and alcohal.

Drug therapy includes on the counter available drugs like Ranitidine and omeprazole along with antacids.

If you still have some query, feel free to ask

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor