Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
174 Doctors are Online

Gastric bypass surgery done. Experiencing abdominal pain. Bloodwork normal. CAT scan done. Any suggestion?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Internal Medicine Specialist
Practicing since : 2001
Answered : 2272 Questions
2009 Gastric Bypass surgery. For the past 5 days as soon as I eat or drink anything I am experiencing severe abd. pain. Attended the E.R X2. Bloodwork done Normal. Cat scan shows nothing! Bowel movents are normal.Severe pain is present right above umbilicus.
Posted Sat, 4 Aug 2012 in Abdominal Pain
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 3 hours later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
The imaging has ruled our surgical emergencies, but it has poor sentivity for picking up the functional disorder and infections of gut.
You may be having ulcers or gastropathy down there.
I would suggest you to get upper GI endoscopy that is Oesophagogastroduodenoscopy-oops that's a bad tongue XXXXXXX simply known as OGD.
So please get review with your gasroenterologist.

I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor