Found positive pregnancy test after taking levonelle. What are the risk to baby?

Dr. Michelle Gibson James

Posted on Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Pregnancy
Question: i have just done a pregnancy test which is positive. my period was last on the 28th november (first day). over the past 2 months i have taken levonelle 4 times. what are the risks to baby. i know that it is VERY early and the test maybe incorrect
Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Based on your last menstrual period, you would be approximately 4 weeks pregnant.As you correctly stated, it is early though they are some pregnancy tests that can detect very low levels of HCG- the hormone present in the urine.
If you used one of these early detection kits, then it is likely to be accurate.

At present , based on the medical studies available , there is no evidence of teratogenicity (side effects to the baby) attached to the use of levonelle.

Hope this is helpful to you, feel free to ask any other questions