Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

Felt lump in scrotum sack. Should I be concerned?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 2202 Questions

I had a lump in my scrotum sack. It seemed to be free floating within sack. Possibly oval shape about 1/2 inch diameter. About 15 minute interval and now I cannot find it. mp in scrotum--possible concern?
Posted Mon, 13 May 2013 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Hari Charan Perigela 1 hour later
Fluid filled sacs like Epididymal cyst,spermatocele,hydrocele etc are seen in scrotum.
One type of hydrocele will disappear in lying down posture.
Unless it is seen and palpated,exact diagnosis is difficult
Plesse get an ultrasound scrotum for correct diagnosis
It is not cancer
If you come back with ultrasound scrotum,i will clarify further
Nothing to worry
If at all any cyst is in scrotum,it is easily operable.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a General Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor