Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Felt a dull pain on heart while running. Feeling dizzy, tired and shortness of breath. Should I consult cardiologist?

Sep 2012
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 1416 Questions
when running yesterday and felt a dull pain on left side of heart. when i bend down i feel it worst, had to sleep on my right side all night and still have this feeling now.I do have a heart mummer on left venticule from birth. i do not have shortness of breath or feel dizzy. Just tired. should i go to my cardo doc for this.
Posted Thu, 1 Nov 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 2 hours later

Thanks for posting your query.

Firstly, if sleeping on right side decreases the pain then, it is definitely not a cardiac problem. Rather it indicates to musculoskeletal problem, but as you have a congenital murmur, just make sure that it is not the aggravation of previous condition.

For this, you have to visit cardiologist. Do an ECG, and if indicated an Echocardiogram. These will give a clear picture of what is happening. If there is a new disease condition relating to heart that can be detected as well with these.

Hope you have got your answer. Do let me know if you have more concerns.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Cardiologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor