Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
121 Doctors are Online
Ask a Urologist   »  

Feeling tired, have white blood cells in urine and pain in right flank. How to overcome this?

Jul 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1971
Answered : 9634 Questions
Feeling tired , getting over white blood cells in urine now having some right sided flank pain not bad just there?
Posted Tue, 9 Jul 2013 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 4 hours later
Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have pain in Rt flank and your routine urine test revealed presence of WBC (Pus Cells ) in urine.

This suggests infection in the kidney or presence of stone in the kidney or Ureter on Rt side.
However this cam be confirmed only on clinical examination and certain basic tests .
Please consult qualified Urologist for clinical assessment and get following test done under his guidance .
1) Urine Culture to fid out organisms causing this infection and antibiotics to which they are sensitive to.
2) Ultrasound scanning of the abdomen to rule out presence of urinary stone either in the kidney or Ureter.

In the meanwhile start taking broad spectrum antibiotics like Cefalexine along with anti spasmodic like Cyclopam to relieve pain and later on switch on to appropriate antibiotics as per culture report after getting the report.

Ensure to drink more water to keep your dilute ..

Further treatment will be decided by your Urologist depending upon the results of theses tests.

Hope I have answered your query.
Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Urologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor