Feeling pain on leg and have dark spots on it. Looking for remedy

Dr. Ganesh Sanap

Radiologist

Posted on Mon, 11 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: HI , My mother has dark spot on her legs ,they are not painful while touching them .Though she is feeling some pain recently not on those dark spot but on whole leg !please advice .My email id is YYYY@YYYY
Answered by Dr. Ganesh Sanap 1 hour later
Hi, welcome XXXXXXX and thanks for writing in.

A photograph attached would be of good use for possibilities.
Dark spot on leg may be a mole, which should be round or elevated lesion. If it is irregular in shape then it is matter to concern. In that case you need concern a dermatologist tor examination and opinion.
Pain in whole limb may be due to either radiculopathy or vascular . In lumbar disc prolapse there is significant pain radiating to lower limb. It may be associated with backache and tingling. At age of 55 there is possible chance of lumbar disc disease.
If there is tenderness in calf region with pain along whole limb then possibility of XXXXXXX vein thrombosis should be considered. It is usually associated with swelling of limb.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have further concern please let me know.

Regards.