Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

Feeling needles pinching in body. Have diarrhea and muscle pain. Throat feels full. Blood test showed WBC 3.7. Suggest?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2007
Answered : 2770 Questions
hello. I have been not feeling well for few days .. I feel like needles pinching in my body and its everywhere. sometimes its on the hands sometimes on legs. pretty much anywhere anytime I just feel like some on e is poking me with needles. and also muscle pain idk if that is muscle pain. I am feeling random pains in fingers sometime sometimes on legs. elbow . hands. my jaw sometimes and many other parts of the body. it feels like its in the veins and pain is in small area doesn't spread Into my whole body part. I do have diarrhea with it. but my diarrhea comes and goes its been with me for very long. soo I did have my tests done few weeks back and they were clear. now I am confused what is that doctors are missing .. whenever I go they say everything is fine . 2 days ago I had allot.of pain in my right ear I am currently using drops for that .. but I am still confused what is going on .. Every day I wake up with different pain. I am only 20 years old. I do eat healthy but still. My throat is also feels full . I had my test done and my white blood cell count as kinda low 3.7 and low collestrol. still any help would be great thanks .
Posted Sat, 28 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be a somatoform disorder

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for using health care magic for posting your query.
The main medical causes could he
1. Anemia
2. Hypothyroidism
3. B12 deficiency
These three diagnosis can be easily made by testing the blood for cbc, serum TSH and B12 level. All these three diagnosisis treatable by simple meducations.
If these have also come normal then the possibility of somatoform disorder should be considered . You should seek a psychiatrist who would like to interview you once to look for underlying depression. In my clinic I generally prescribe tab amitryptiline for such disorders and it works great.
Hope that helps
Wis you good health.
Dr. Srikanth
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Psychiatrist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor