Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
134 Doctors are Online

Experiencing pain in intercourse as the foreskin does not retract smoothly. Suggest remedy

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 1992
Answered : 47 Questions

I'm married since last 1.5 years. The problem is I'm feeling pain in intercourse because ther organ's foreskin does not retract smoothly and it is tight. As I feel pain, the erection goes off by reflex and not able to make it a success. Also even if the glance comes out after that pain, I am not able to move the foreskin back to its normal position.

I do not have any other issues regarding blocking urination etc.

Thanks & Regards,
Posted Sun, 28 Apr 2013 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 21 hours later

I have gone through your query.

If you feel pain during intercourse because of tight foreskin, best solution is circumcision.

Surgery is very safe if done by an experienced urologist.

Let me know if you have more concerns.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Experiencing pain in intercourse as the foreskin does not retract smoothly. Suggest remedy 35 hours later
Well.. So can you please let me know below details

1. Any alternatives/medication to surgery ?
2. Surgey cost (approx.)
3. Recovery time (in general) and how many days required to be at hospital?
4. Post operative complications, if any
Answered by Dr. Chandan Choudhary 1 hour later
You can try some lubricants like some oil locally, but practically it doesn’t work.

We charge 7000rs for the surgery.

It’s a day care procedure; no need for hospitalization.

You can resume to your duty the very next day.

However, one has to avoid intercourse/masturbation for about one month.

In my experience, practically I have never seen any major complication
Minor complications like bleeding, infection do occur if not done by an experienced urologist.

Hope this helps.

Take care!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Internal Med Specialist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor