Excessive thirst in the morning, yellowish urine. Urine test reports normal

Dr. Jasvinder Singh

Posted on Thu, 12 Jul 2012 in Diabetes
Question: Hi
its been around a month now and I feel extremly thirsty when I wake up in the morning.
the urine is yellow in colour throughout the day, when I have excess water its white in color but otherwise normally it yellow in color.I had routine urine tests and were normal about 3 weeks back.

kinldy advise..
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 34 minutes later

The symptom of excessive thirst if due to polydipsia which is usually due to diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Excessive loss of water and salt (possibly due to not drinking enough water, profuse sweating, diarrhea, or vomiting) may also cause polydipsia.

Get your blood sugar levels checked and HBA1c test done to confirm the status of your blood sugar levels. To completely rule out diabetes insipidus, you can get water deprivation test and urine analysis done. This test helps determine the cause of diabetes insipidus.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.