Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
183 Doctors are Online

Enlarged prostate. CT scan revealed thickening of bladder with tumor. Chances of cancer?

May 2013
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by
Practicing since : 2006
Answered : 4909 Questions
hi, symtoms are pointing to cancer but will only be known for sure with expensive testing. we do not have insurance nor a regular doctor. i have always cared for my family at home, alternatively. would there be any way we can confirm this is cancer without great cost?
Posted Wed, 19 Jun 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 26 hours later
AMAS is Anti-malignin antibody is serum.
It is used to detect the anticancer antibody.
It is useful in detecting the early stage cancer.
But as you said it not useful to locate the exact location of the cancer.
You can go for either CT scan or MRI to detect the exact location of the tumor.
Best option is ultrasound guided biopsy.
Usually it is minimally invasive but will give conformational evidence.
So as your doctor suggested better to choose this option as much as possible.

Wish you Good Health, If you are satisfied with my response please rate the answer after closing the discussion.
Take care.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Oncologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor