Ear pain and nose blowing in a child. Taking sinarest. How can the ear pain be cured?
Thanks for posting your query.
The pain in the ear while having cold is likely to be due to congestion in the inner ear. Blowing the nose causes the pressure changes which might result in pain.
In addition to using sinarest drops or spray in the nose you can give him steam inhalation.
Take hot water in a vessel, put eucalyptus oil in it. Tell the child to inhale it by covering him with a blanket. See to it that fans/AC are not on during this and after some time also i.e. around 10-15 minutes.
Avoid all irritants like perfumes, soot, etc.
Application of warm cloth, hot water bottle or gel pack to face for 5-10 minutes relieves pain and inflammation to some extent.
Mild pain killer like acetaminophen will also be of help.
In case the symptoms are persistent then consulting an ENT specialist to rule out inner ear infection would be helpful.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Swollen legs, dark patches. Have stasis dermatitis and OCD. Will I be...
- Difficulty maintaining erection, discomfort in right testicle. Should I...
- Would anesthesia used to make a patient unconscious cause hand tremor?
- Black or brown freckles on penis, flat, no discomfort. Is this normal?
- What could red spots on hairline mean?
- Testicle swollen huge and hurts to touch. Why?
- Sudden awakening from sleep, heart racing, high blood pressure, ringing...
- What kind of cancer is it when colonoscopy shows a malignant mass in...
- Itching vagina, discharge and bleeding during sex. Maybe bacterial...
- Have hypoglycemia. Want to try HCG diet. Is it safe?