Does work stress and lack of sleep cause health risks?
Yes. Your health is at risk.
Thank you for using Healthcare Magic. The conditions of your work that you describe are definitely a risk to your physical and mental well being. There is ample evidence that working long hours with inadequate time for rest and recuperation leads to increase rates of ill health. In addition, the performance of work-related tasks such as decision making is impaired.
As you already have depression and hypertension, this would put you at an increased risk of suffering ill health if these are your on- going working conditions.
I hope this is of help to you. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Dr K A Pottinger,
Thank you for the further question. The long hours without adequate sleep may lead to stress- related problems such as sleeping problems, sweating, loss of apetite and difficulty in concentrating. You may also suffer headaches and muscle tension. There is an increased incidence of alcohol dependence in people who suffer work- related stress. The body's endorphins may increase and these can cause stress on the heart with an increase risk of heart attacks and strokes if the worst case scenario occurs. However, I am not suggesting that you will suffer these problems.
I hope this answers your question.
Dr K A Pottinger
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Stressed muscles on the forehead in sleep low energy cause
- Chest pain due to physical stress and lack of sleep
- Lack of sleep due to stress and medications
- Stress and sleep paralysis
- Stress causes
- Headache sleeping problem stressed what is the cause and treatment
- Stress and anxiety causing health problem
- Will lack of vitamin b causes stress
- Can stress and stress cause tachycardia
- Sleep disorders and stress