Does taking Voglibose help to reduce PPBS levels?

Excellent

Question
i am a diabetec. My FBS is 142 and ppbs is 220. I am taking medicine containing metformin 500 mg and glimetiride 2 mg. My doctors advised to add voglibose 0.2 mg with the said medicine. pl advise if i can add this to reduce my PPBS.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Diabetes

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you can.

Detailed Answer:

Yes, voglibose is primary used to reduce post meal rise in sugar and control.

You can use this drug,good effective drug .

Please remember that when ever there is poor control of sugar there is option to either increase the dose of drugs that you are taking or add another drug.

Either is fine.

Your fasting sugar is also high,which also needs to be taken care of.

Apart from taking drugs please note that you must do regular exercise and good diet control that too on regular basis to keep your sugar under control.

Dr.Pragnesh