Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
152 Doctors are Online

Does taking Voglibose help to reduce PPBS levels?

User rating for this question
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1995
Answered : 4036 Questions
i am a diabetec. My FBS is 142 and ppbs is 220. I am taking medicine containing metformin 500 mg and glimetiride 2 mg. My doctors advised to add voglibose 0.2 mg with the said medicine. pl advise if i can add this to reduce my PPBS.
Posted Wed, 20 Aug 2014 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,you can.

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for posting your query.

Yes, voglibose is primary used to reduce post meal rise in sugar and control.

You can use this drug,good effective drug .

Please remember that when ever there is poor control of sugar there is option to either increase the dose of drugs that you are taking or add another drug.

Either is fine.

Your fasting sugar is also high,which also needs to be taken care of.

Apart from taking drugs please note that you must do regular exercise and good diet control that too on regular basis to keep your sugar under control.



Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Diabetologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor