Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

Does sciatica cause problems in sex life?

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 2008
Answered : 2366 Questions
Hi, I have had a fusion, S4/L5 about 4 & 1/2 years ago. Since then i have suffered with sacroiliac pain at various levels. I had a coarse of glucose injections which seemed to improve my pain somewhat. However my insurer has denieghed any further follow up. I suffer continually with sciatica down my left leg, ankle & foot. Cramping is common in these areas. Sciatica is now down my right leg, not as consistent as the left. My question is that i am not preforming satisfactorily as a husband in the bedroom. I am 70 years old, & disappointed, not to mention my wife. Is this likely to be a result of my lower back troubles?
Posted Sun, 2 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 27 minutes later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that yes it can be possible that sciatica is leading to this as it is a very annoying , radiating pain thus making it difficult to have an intercourse . Secondly I will advise you to get your blood sugar levels checked as sometimes this can be a symptom of diabetes . If it is due to sciatica adequate pain relief will be of utmost importance to help you out . You will need to see your doctor for this . Opioid analgesics like tramadol will have a good relief if your treating doctor agrees. Take care. Dr. Shruti
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Doctor Now

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor