Does pneumonia cause dizziness, breathlessness and lower backache?

Dr. Jnikolla

Pulmonologist

Posted on Fri, 8 Jun 2018 in Lung and Chest disorders
Question: I think I have phenomia

Coughing makes me short of breath, then it feels like it's the lower back. This started New Year's Day and I can't take the pain anymore. I have slight dizziness when I stand. Can't sleep no matter how I lay I hurt. I cough I have no strength or energy
Answered by Dr. Jnikolla 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please consider as follows

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thank you for asking in HCM

I can understand your concern

According to the history you provide with actual symptoms i don't think this might be pneumonia.

However to rule it out completely amd to be sure you can do a chest X Ray for evaluating better your actual situation of the lungs.

If its result is positive than you should be treated as your doctor will guidance if not than spine cord problems might be in such condition and for this you can take painkillers like Ibrufen orally for some days.

If no result than an X Ray of the spinal cord of thoracic and lumbar sites is indicated

If any of them is positive than your doctor will prescribe further exactly what should be done further (if needed ) or you can attach me the results and i will try to help you again.

Hope to have been helpful

Regards and feel free to ask me again

Dr.Jolanda
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D