Does laser treatment help in treating acne scars on face?
Fractional CO 2 ablative Laser
Hello. Thank you for writing to us
I am Dr.Kakkar (Dermatologist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.
Fractional CO 2 Laser is for resurfacing of acne scars.
Complications can include redness and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, however, they are transient.
You should align your expectations by discussing with the treating dermatologist in terms of the number of sittings and final improvement to avoid any future disappointment.
Make sure that your acne activity is well controlled Or you are taking treatment for acne before you go for laser so as to prevent any chances of future scaring.
Disclose any history of cold sores / herpes to your doctor as laser can lead to a flare.
If you are or were taking oral isotretinoin for acne, a gap of 6 months after stopping treatment and Fractional Laser is advisable to prevent any complications.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Skin treatments for acne scars
- Acne scars on face treatment
- Treating acne scars on face
- Acne scar laser treatment in trichy hospitals
- Acne scars dermaroller treatment laser treatment subcision suggest
- Laser treatment for acne scars in erode
- Laser treatment for acne scars
- Pixel laser treatment for acne scars
- Laser treatment for acne scars in whitefield
- Acne scars removal laser treatment derma roller treatment