Does laser treatment cause floaters?

Dr. N. K. Misra

Ophthalmologist

Posted on Tue, 6 Sep 2016 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Question: I had laser surgery for a retinal tear about 10 days ago. Six days ago I noticed a new crop of floaters and what looks like a lace curtain in part of my vision. My understanding of floaters is that they are debris and I figured all those laser jabs created an 'injury' that as it healed would seal the tear. I have not been back to the doc as I figured this would be a part of the healing process. Should I worry?
Answered by Dr. N. K. Misra 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Post laser floaters

Detailed Answer:
My dear,
Thanks for sending your query to us.
There apparently is no cause of worry,still I would be happy if the surgeon knows about this development.It will be possible to give a call to the sergeon's office and let them know of this development. This doesn't happen routinely. Again any new mischief takes longer to develop,still let them be informed.
Take small precaution of not bending forward and avoid lifting weights
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar