Does discontinuation of Montek LC cause insomina and palpitations?

Dr. Prasad

Posted on Sat, 7 Jun 2014 in Asthma and Allergy
Question: Hi, I have been using Montek LC 1 tab before bed continuously for the last four years as I am an Asthamatic. But I have run out of stock and could not take my dosage since two days. Tonight I am having sleeplessness, mild palpitations and vomiting sensation. Could these symptoms be linked to sudden discontinuation of Montek LC?
Answered by Dr. Prasad 8 hours later
Brief Answer:
May be related to withdrawal.

Detailed Answer:

I haven't heard of too may Montek LC withdrawal cases. However since you been on it for fairly long period of time and the symptoms are similar to anxiety, it does look to be due to drug withdrawal.

Though there are reports that benadryl and other over the counter antihistamines may lower the withdrawal symptoms, I suggest you call your doctor and inform about these withdrawal. They will assess the current condition, the reason why you run out of stock and write for suitable alternatives.