Does being allergic to one type of Quinolone antibiotic means allergic to all Quinolone antibiotics?
Yes, possibility of cross allergy is common in antibiotics.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Yes, it is quite possible that you are having allergy so levofloxacin (levoquin).
Cross allergy is common in antibiotics. So if you are allergic to one particular antibiotic, you are likely to have allergy with other antibiotics of same group like quinolones in your case.
So your current symptoms are due to quinolone allergy.
Better not to take quinolone group of antibiotic in future.
Take benadryl and do cold compression. You will definitely improve in 1-2 days.
Hope I have answered your query.
Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Antibiotics if allergic to penicillin
- Quinolone antibiotic toxicity symptoms
- Usages of quinolone
- What are quinolones
- Quinolone antibiotics for uti
- Side effect of Quinolone
- Allergic reaction to clindamycin antibiotic
- Quinolones cause lichen planus
- Allergic to penicillin what antibiotic
- Skin lotion with quinolone