Does a head injury during a fall require ER consultation despite no loss of consciousness?

Question
Hello, I was walking my dog and slipped on small patch of ice, fell backward and hit my head , posterior about couple inclh goose egg on my head. Was able to get up and walk back to my home, no loss of consciousness. Had heart attack in XXXXXXX 2015 and am on omega 3 1000 mg daily and baby ASA 81 mg at bedtime. My husband wants to take me to ED

Mon, 4 Jun 2018 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Tell your husband to keep you under observation.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for using Healthcaremagic to post your health query.
I read carefully your question and I understand your concern.

Put some ice on the spot that was hit, so you can prevent big swelling and bruise.
Take a painkiller like Ibuprofen if the area hurts.

If I was your caring doctor I would not be much worried, because the fact that you didn't lose your conscious is comforting. Tell your husband to stay with you and watch if you do any different behavior that it is not normal. Try to avoid sleeping for the next 4 hours at least.

If you start doing any not normal behavior or if you start vomiting and fell asleep- your husband should consider taking you to the ED. Otherwise, even if you go now, they will just keep you under observation and look for the symptoms I mentioned above.

Hope this is helpful.
Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Dr. Papaqako

Follow-up: Does a head injury during a fall require ER consultation despite no loss of consciousness? 19 minutes later
Thank you. When I got home I saw that I had not taken my morning meds. I took everything except the omega 3. Should I withhold that for the day?

And yes your answer was helpful. I thought I didn't need an ED visit. So far little discomfort...only soreness at site

Answered by Dr. Klarida Papaqako 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take the Omega3 if you want.

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for the follow up question.

You can take the Omega3 if you want, as it is a supplement and will not make any difference nor affect you. Good that you took the other medicines, because they should not be skiped.

Glad to have been of help.

Kind regards,
Dr. Papaqako