Does Prednisolone interact with Cyclobenzaprine?

Dr. Praveen Tayal

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 19 Sep 2018 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: Hello and thank you! I have back problems with severe stenosis between L3-L-4. I once took XXXXXXX and suffered from a lack,of,control of,some of my normal functions (like walking). I am currently traveling and in I a lot of pain from inordinate activity yesterday. Went to Urgent care. They gave me some prednisone and some Cyclobenzaprine. The thought was the two could offer me some relief. Of course with the opioid situation, they were unable to give me some Norco, which is what I take when the pain goes “over the top. Question: is it OK to take the prednisone and Cyclobenzaprine together? And might the Cyclobenzaprine have a similar reaction as the Soma?
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You can have them togather.

Detailed Answer:

Cyclobenzaprine is an oral muscle relaxant. You can have it along with prednisolone which is a steroid and will help in reducing the inflammation.

In case the pain is persistent, then you can combine it with a pain killer like Tramadol for a better relief. You need to have bed rest. Making a hot compress and application of local analgesic gel like Volini will also help. Cyclobenzaprine is not likely to cause a reaction.

Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal,
Orthopaedic Surgeon