• question-icon

    Does Oxycodone and Ibuprofen help cure wrist pain?

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: my son had an accident riding a dirt bike 4days ago and had a broken wrist as a result. got treated in emergency room and injected with a narcotics to control pain . Now, his stomach has been hearting since then. he's taking oxycodone and ibuprofen for his pain (only once a day at nights) . His stomach bothers him more than his broken wrist. shoul I be worried about this? or what kind of doctor can I take him to, to have it checked out. or should I give it a couple more days to see if it subsides.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please Visit ER ASAP.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
When he fell from bike , he has probably injured his ribs or muscles on stomach also along with wrist injury. I would suggest Check up in ER ASAP, for abdominal injury .
Waiting may not help much. There could be internal injury also.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Answered by
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Practicing since :1983

Answered : 1478 Questions


The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on

Recent questions on  Abdominal injury

doctor1 MD

my son fell 6 days ago from a sofa to tile floor he was 3 weeks old (we took him to the E.R he was fine)now tomorrow he will be a month ... just 5...

doctor1 MD

I fell yesterday and am pretty sure I broke my ribs on my left side. My stomach is very bloated. I do not have health insurance at this time and...

doctor1 MD

I m a 30 yr old female, yesterday my son jumped off the couch and onto my abdomen while I was sleeping. He is 47 lbs. I had pain in my abdomen all...

doctor1 MD

I have been in a automobile accident . I have had some neck and back injuries. I have also noticed a pain on the right side of my lower abdomen . I...

doctor1 MD

my boyfriend fell from standing on a chair to the concrete he is 61 he went to the hospital whitch they kept him for 2 days now that he is home he...

Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties

199 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM Blog Questions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
Questions Answered By Dr. Gopal Goel
  • Q - Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade

  • Q - What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?

  • Q - What does the following knee MRI report indicate?

  • Q - Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs

  • Q - Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury

  • Q - What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?

  • Q - Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot

  • Q - Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness

  • Q - What do these following MRI findings indicate?