• question-icon

Does Oxycodone and Ibuprofen help cure wrist pain?

Posted on Wed, 26 Jul 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: my son had an accident riding a dirt bike 4days ago and had a broken wrist as a result. got treated in emergency room and injected with a narcotics to control pain . Now, his stomach has been hearting since then. he's taking oxycodone and ibuprofen for his pain (only once a day at nights) . His stomach bothers him more than his broken wrist. shoul I be worried about this? or what kind of doctor can I take him to, to have it checked out. or should I give it a couple more days to see if it subsides.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please Visit ER ASAP.

Detailed Answer:
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel , Orthopedic Surgeon.
When he fell from bike , he has probably injured his ribs or muscles on stomach also along with wrist injury. I would suggest Check up in ER ASAP, for abdominal injury .
Waiting may not help much. There could be internal injury also.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon