Does Mifeprin effective for termination of pregnancy?

Dr. Som Biswas

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 2 Sep 2014 in Pregnancy
Question: hello
im pregnent of 1 month 15 days today... i have bought according to doctors prescription mifeprin kit. so please tell me whether i will have my periods or not does it will be aborted. and surgery will not be required for abortion, as i dont want to do surgery.so is it the wright time to take medicine???and i will get aborted???plz reply
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
MIfeprin is for abortion

Detailed Answer:

Thank you for your query. I can understand your concerns.

MIfeprin is for abortion not for periods.

Surgery will not be required if you take it now.

Take it today. And yes you will abort successfully.

Feel free to consult me directly
http://bit.ly/drsombiswas

Dr. Som Biswas M.D. XXXXXXX

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 13 minutes later
is there any chances of not clearing totally of pregnancy that means abortion will be incomplete with this medicine??? and surgical will be required or this medicine will clear it all?? as doctor advised a ultra sonography after 14 days and said surgery may be required if not cleared all??
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 17 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Chances of not clearing are low ~ 5 %

Suction will be needed if abortion is not complete.

Yes, get a sonography to check it.

Dr. Som MD

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 2 minutes later
but what do u say here in my case it is already 45 days i think and now is there any chances for me not to clear by medicine???according to time im asking
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 1 minute later
Brief Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I am telling as per your 45 days only.

Dr. Som MD

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 2 days later
hello
im very much tensed and nervours plz tell me doctor,i have taken orally medicine on friday and 4 tablets vaginally on sunday@9am,started bleeding by 11am and bleeding stopped by 3 pm and den i was stopped for 3 hrs and den i can trace only slight u can say it has stopped do this mean that medicine is failed and it is stopped till now very slight yesterday night no bleeding. now do i have to go for surgery??? or there are any other ways till now instead of surgery.i dont want to go for surgery.now i have no stomach pains also yesterday i was feeling slight pain in the lower abdomen now nothing simply stopped.
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
hi

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX ,

My advice in such a situation will be to get a sonography pelvis as soon as possible.

Follow up with me with the report and i will tell you what is needed next.

Dr. Som MD

my doctor suggested sonography on 23rd august is that mean my medicine failed??? and i have to undergo surgery..please tell me what are the chances???and why it has failed??
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 5 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

I have told "Chances of not clearing are low ~ 5 %"

Why are you waiting till 23rd august ?

Get the sonography done today and get all your doubts cleared from me.

Dr. Som MD

Follow up: Dr. Som Biswas 5 minutes later
but without prescription how will i do sonography?? i called him up he said u wait till 23 rd august as he prescribed till 23?? can i do a pregnancy test?will it help?? thats also my question why to wait till 23rd?? and now i went to toilet again and saw slight red blood coming out ? what does that mean does chances are there or it is failed ??? am i from the 5% women?? im unlucky that means. the symptoms are of failure rite??? plz tel openly?? is dere time to take other medicine plz tell me??
Answered by Dr. Som Biswas 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX

First relax. Do not get anxious.

Yes you need a prescription for sonography.

So go to another gynecologist , tell your problem and tell him you want an urgent sonography.

Nobody will stop you from getting a sonography if you want one and ask for one.

Bleeding can or cannot be a sign of failure. i can only comment after the sonography gets done.

Dr. Som MD