Does Metronidazole cause stomach upset?
Stomach upset is related to Metronidazole.
Thanks for posting your query on HCM.
I appreciate your concern for your husband.
It was during the course of antibiotic therapy (Omnicef) for upper respiratory infection he had developed a harmful reaction referred to as pseudomembranous colitis (blood diarrhea) caused by overgrowth of a bacteria of the intestine Cl.difficille. So, to treat the blood diarrhea he was prescribed Metronidazole which is an effective drug in such scenario.
The use of Metronidazole is associated with certain side effects like altered taste sensation (metallic taste), abdominal pain or cramps, etc.
The abdominal pain or stomach upset will take some time to subside after discontinuing the Metronidazole treatment so, nothing to worry about it.
He may take a PPI drug like Omeprazole for the relief of stomach upset.
Hope this advice will help him getting rid off the stomach upset caused by Metronidazole.
Should you need more clarification, please feel free to send your query.
Wishing your husband a very good health.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Can enterogermina cause stomach upset
- Stomach upset causes
- Will pediasure cause stomach upset
- Does lidocaine cause stomach upset
- Can an iud cause stomach upset
- Will an infected tooth cause stomach upset
- Does benecol cause stomach upset
- Does bronchitis cause stomach upset
- Orange juice causing stomach upset
- Can infection cause stomach upset