Does Isosorbide support coronary stent implantation surgery?
I made an appointment yesterday for April 18 to finish with heart surgery by installing a stint in another artery. The doc prescribed Isosorbide to begin immediately. I have no chest pains or other post surgery difficulties. He said it was to improve circulation.
My answer as follows:
Welcome on HCM!
Regarding your concern, I would agree with your doctor on starting Isosorbide.
As you are going to put a stent in another coronary artery, it means that this artery is narrowed. Isosorbide would be a good treatment option before stent implantation to increase blood flow in this artery.
So, it makes sense starting Isosorbide immediately.
Hope to have been helpful!
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What do the following stress tests, echo and holter monitor test result...
- Suggest alternative treatment for congestive heart failure
- Suggest treatment for hypertension and GERD
- Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms
- What causes sharp pain in chest area relieved by burping?
- Suggest treatment for afib, severe sleep apnea and high heart rate?
- What causes shortness of breath with normal chest X-ray?
- What causes severe pain in my calf muscle in Tietze syndrome?
- What causes altered sense of smell when diagnosed with sinus tachycardia?
- Does page syndrome increase the risk of heart attack?