Do you think I should be taking medication? I do
My TSH is 6.16
About tSH level;
hello and thank you for asking!
The upper normal range of TSH for people over 65 years old is 6 4 mui/ml.
So yours is considered within the normal ranges.
Anyway, for TSH levels up to 10 mui/ml, treatment is recommended only if symptoms of hypothyroidism are present.
So keep monitoring the TSh every 6 months and start treatment when it is over 10 mui/ ml or for vaules between 6.4-10 mui/ml if symptoms of hypothyroidism are present (weight hain, low heart rate, dry skin, constipation, feeling sleepy, high cholesterol ect).
Hope the information will help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes blurred vision, digestive issues and dizziness when...
- What causes weight gain and heat intolerance while on Synthroid,...
- Suggest treatment for weight gain when diagnosed with adrenal fatigue
- What causes hyperthyroidism?
- What are the side effects of long term intake of Aspirin?
- What do anxiety and palpitations and TSH level of 3.0 indicate?
- Suggest the ideal dosage for vitamin D supplement
- What causes increased weight gain with abdominal pain?
- Suggest treatment for insomnia and dizziness in a hypertensive person
- What are the possible effects of switching from Humalog to Novolog?