Do thyroid issues lead to chronic fatigue?

Question
My name is XXXXXXX Singer and I went to see an infectious disease doctor in XXXXXXX Ohio on Thursday, November 9 I have been so fatigued for the last eight years he told me I was diagnosed with mono but I am very concerned because I think there is more going on I have been fatigue for the last eight years I take 250 mg of new vigil a day just to stay away and I also take thyroid medicine for my thyroid and I also have sleep apnea but I also wear a CPAP every night back into thousand and five I had a vaginal mesh sling put in and have never felt the same as far as my health I had it removed in 2013 at UCLA br Dr Razz One of the best doctors in the world removing Mech he told me that he did not get all of my anchors out one is still in there the other one he got out my whole vaginal area was reconstructed and the mesh had grow into my bones and he had to shave it off so would there be any way that I have a bacterial infection or something that is keeping my mono going on and not subsiding I am very concerned because cancer runs very high in my family and I had read wants that if you have mono sometimes that is a sign that there is some cancer starting somewhere in your body please someone give me some one give me some answers
Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Your chronic fatigue mostly related to thyroid issues you are facing...

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear XXXXXXX

I have gone through your medical history carefully and understood your concerns.

You are worried about mono; but as I was revising your case, you mentioned to take thyroid medicine for your thyroid. Here I should stop and think that your thyroid is causing your chronic fatigue. If you have any lab reports for your thyroid function please send to me to evaluate further. I need to know the thyroid hormones levels.

Next, mono is not that frightening as you fear. It's an infectious disease, but in majority of cases can be resolved on its own. I think in your case, it was resolved too.

With regards to vaginal mash sling put in, I believe you've been experiencing vaginal prolapse. Again, that is not related to your chronic fatigue neither to mono.
Mono infection is transmitted through saliva, or sharing food and other personal utensils with infected persons. If you get in contact with people, they might be mono carries that can pass the infection to you.

With regards to cancers, if you have regular annual check ups including tumor markers, then, nothing to fear.

At the end, I still think your chronic fatigue is mostly related to thyroid and metabolic problems more than mono.

Again, if you have any lab report you can send to me for further evaluation.
Try to breathe fresh air. Keep regular physical activity. Have your meals regularly. Increase water intake. Eat healthy foods. Take multivitamins supplements containing vit.C, D, magnesium, etc.

Hope this helps.